Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Keeping healthy and growing up is very important in our life

Wow, today I found a really nice article. It can helps us to know about what kind of things should we refuse in puberty. Its named "Why Teens Are Impulsive, Addiction-Prone And Should Protect Their Brain" written by Frances Jensen who is a neuroscientist and was a single mother of two boys. And this is a link to article:http://www.npr.org/blogs/health/2015/01/28/381622350/why-teens-are-impulsive-addiction-prone-and-should-protect-their-brains. This article talks about what kind of reasons can influence adolescents' growing, why we have natural insulation, bad relationship with alcohols, drugs, smoking, etc. when we were growing up. And then, I can find so many informations which are very useful and we need to noticed. For instance, On why teenagers are more prone to addiction, I can understand teenager is easier addict than adult in bad habits, drugs, alcohols. On the effects of binge drinking and marijuana on the teenage brain, we drink a lot of liquor can kill brain cells in the adolescent brain where it does not to the same extent in the adult brain and actually our brains get damage-permanent brain damage. It has really negative effect on our health. On marijuana's effect on IQ, if someone who use marijuana very frequently for the period of time, the function of thinking, reaction, commutation , etc. are all shown to have more decreased than adolescent who don't touch drugs. At night, we also can't use phone on the bed, because the artificial light can affect our brain, author said"it decreases some chemicals in your brain that help promote sleep" if we have bad sleep it will affect our working, it is very terrible.So I am very glad to read this article, this article can help me or us to totally avoid drugs, bad habits and remind us every time. I hope everyone read it, it is really useful!New research into how the human brain develops helps explain why teens have trouble controlling impulses.

4 comments:

  1. Interesting article, Frank! I didn't realize how susceptible to the damage of drugs that adolescents are specifically. Also, I didn't realize that IQ could be affected that way. It makes me think that although some states in the US have legalized marijuana, they need to be especially careful to prevent teenagers from hurting themselves by taking it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so interesting, I did not know that phone on the bed can affect our brain! I tend to put my phone beside my while I am sleeping. After this article, I will never do that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting article, I learned a lot.
    thx

    ReplyDelete